HOW DOES IT WORK?
All new patients must call the office to book an appointment. online booking only applicable to repeat patients. Before your first visit, please call our office with your health insurance information, including the following:
- ID that provides name and date of birth.
- Insurance plan name (Cigna, United Health Care etc.)
- Insurance card with member number
- make sure to email us a picture of the front and back of insurance card and photo ID at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Billing Department Will Kindly Assist You:
- Verifying your coverage for acupuncture benefits.
- Any Additional costs with your insurance plan. This may include the patient’s responsibility for deductible and copay, if applicable.
- Contacting and submitting acupuncture claims to your insurance company
What If Insurance Does Not Cover For Acupuncture?
If your insurance doesn’t cover you or you have a deductible then the initial visit costs $120.00. If your insurance does cover you but you have a copay then you must pay that out of pocket.
We would like you to wear loose clothing. This is so its easier for us to treat you. Wearing loose clothing makes it more flexible for us to treat you properly. We would be able to put the needles more easily and your pants wouldn’t be taking them out.
How many sessions will I need?
The frequency and number of treatments differ from person to person. Some people experience dramatic relief in the first treatment. For complex or long-standing chronic conditions, one to two treatments per week for several months may be recommended. For acute problems, usually fewer visits are required. An individualized treatment plan that includes the expected number of treatments will be discussed during your initial visit.
Is Acupuncture safe?
In the hands of a well-trained practitioner, acupuncture is a safe and pleasant experience. The most common adverse side-effects are small bruises and light-headed after treatment. Usually we ask the patient to always eat before a treatment to prevent this and drink plenty of water usually an hour or two before their session.